COD4 is the best game one in the cod series. MW2 should definitely not be on there.
Diablo II, WC3 and SotC are all 3 excellent games and viable replacements for bejewelled, halo and some other game.
All 10 of Frog's choices are excellent games for their platform & genre, however i think the title should have been the 10 most prolific games of the last decade and not necessarily the best.
10. Bwejewelled, addictive game, great for a few minutes of downtime, the wife loves it.
9. COD4 arguably one of the best FPS games ever created and definitely the best in the COD series (although Treyarchs 5 was pretty damn good too especially zombies lol). Anyways the balance was fantastic, the interface was clean, graphics are amazing, guns were well done as well. MW2 fails for obvious reasons.
8. The Orange Box, Portal? TF2? - enough said.
7. Wii Sports, while not a greatest game of the decade for hard core gamers, no one can dispute it's paradigm shifting prowess. My 95 year old grandmother played wii sports as does my 3 year old son.
6. KOTOR - great game
5. Halo, well eFFF halo and any other FPS on a console. Halo suxx, graphics were sub par, SD televisions didn't help. The only great thing about the original xbox was XBMC, but a lot of kiddies went gaga over halo so while it is definitely not in the top 10 best games evar, it is one of the most prolific games in the last decade, sadly.
4. The Sims - great to entertain the girlfriend/fiance/wife while you play.....
3. Guitar Hero, awesome game, this, driving, sports, fighting, in-the-same-room multiplayer games are what consoles excel at. Guitar here added a new dimension to the console arena.
2. GTA 3
1. WoW - my personal feelings are meh on this game. I wore myself out on previous MMO's and WoW was just another mmo but this time with toony graphics, smaller party size etc. There is a lot of depth to the game but playing for an hour or two means you accomplish nothing. But I digress, no one can dispute that this is the king of all MMO's.