Aluria is perhaps best known as the developer of Spyware Eliminator, a product selected for bundling by AOL. Aluria has recently begun offering review and certification services for websites and WinCustomize is among the first to join the program.
In order to qualify for Aluria’s SAFE Certification, a website must meet the following criteria:
- Not sell, offer or promote products or services related to adware, spyware or malware.
- Not install or cause to install programs designed to track or monitor user’s browsing habits.
- Not present persistent items, including pop-ups, controls, scripts, etc. that do not allow users to easily close or refuse the item on the first attempt.
- Not present misleading controls including close or cancel options that continue installations.
- Not be affiliated with companies, programs or websites detected by Spyware eliminator.
“Stardock is committed to assuring subscribers and visitors a safe experience” said Larry Kuperman, Vice President of Sales at Stardock. “Aluria’s SAFE Certification is a great idea and we urge other websites to comply with these criteria.”