Why is it that in the late game of a huge map, the program is unresponsive for 10 seconds every time I do any of the following actions: select a citizen for colony ship, select a citizen for constructor ship, citizen for troop transport ship, select new technology, navigate the commands tab?
Processing the AI turns is done within 2 minutes, but I have to wait an additional 2 or more minutes for the "Start a new turn" phase to complete. When it is in that phase the program will not respond or hang until the turn is resolved. I had the same issue with Galactic Civilizations III. Notification prioritization would greatly help with that. There is more, the GUI has a delayed reaction when a button is pressed such as "Build Ship" up to 30 seconds.
The program uses 80 to 97 threads which vary with every save game load.
The program uses less than 10% of my CPU power; a 20 core system with hyper-threading enabled.
up to 12.5 GB of 32 GB RAM is used
up to 6 GB of 16 GB GRAM is used
As far as bugs are concerned I have observed the flowing:
1. Most of the systems have a default name of "Star System"
2. A planet exists with all the tiles set to plains (class 77) but the population cap is limited to 2; housing improvements have no effect
3. the add 2 tiles to core system planets cultural policy has no effect
4. Happiness tied to food supply is nullified after the government is reformed into Federation
5. Some of the technologies have no attributes attached to them
6. Opportunities for cultural points is extremely rare in the late game