1) We have two computers that we both use (and usually use them very often simultaneously) : can we install the softwares in both computers ? And use them simultaneously ? (Asking this questions because "An Individual User may install, use and activate one (1) copy of the Software on up to five (5) unique personal computers simultaneously that are owned by you for your personal use." Well, we're two using the two home computers that we both of two own ) And this, for all the softwares ? (excepted Multiplicity, we saw in FAQ it's only for one comp')
Yes you can use on both computers
Stardock Software Eula https://www.stardock.com/support/software-eula
2) Can you back up the installers ? Are there any kind of DRM ? We're always afraid of a hard drive dying.
Yes just backup your installation downloads on a seperate drive external or USB for safe keeping.
3) Can you reinstall the softwares in a new computer ? (we will certainly change one of our computer in 1-2 years)
Yes just stay current on your Stardock account **** and always remember the email address you used for your original orders.
4) "Object Desktop manager for automatic installs and updates for one year" "Access updates and betas for included software for one year" Okay, but what happens after ? Can you still update Object Desktop manually ?...
Object Desktop is a Yearly Renewal offered usually at a Discount price for current members .
5) ... and can you update the included softwares if there are new updates available after this year ?
If you stay current with your account ( don't let it lapse ) you will receive all updates for the included apps .
5) This thread is a bit confusing for us : so if we understand well, when we buy Object Desktop, we get one serial key to activate it. But this key can activate too all the softwares included in Object Desktop separately. So even after this year, we still will be able to reinstall and update all the included software, if we install and update each of them separately and manually ?
With Object Desktop you have to keep it current that is to renew it when its time .
6) All the applications included with Object Desktop can be installed separately ?
Yes all installs are separate installs ... Once you buy Object Desktop just log into your account
and go to " My Downloads " https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products/
( view individual downloads ) and install whatever apps you want .
7) Is it easy to get the separated installers of each software ?
With Object Desktop all your installers are there in your " My Downloads "
just keep your account current , as I said before.
If you want to buy any of the apps separate and not do Object Desktop you can
do that too just save your original downloaded installer and key as a backup
for safe keeping and they can be reinstalled at any time without a renewal .
Buying a single app at a time instead of a group in OD gives your lifetime use
without renewal . But that option will cost you more doing it that way.
Now as Windows changes versions sometime your version of an app will not work
anymore and you would have to buy an upgraded version that will work often offered
at a discount price.
8) Will softwares supported on Win10 be always updated to be compatible with Win10 ? (we're afraid of possible Win10 updates who may break compatibility with a software like Fences, WindowBlinds or Groupy.
Stardock support team stays on top of the ever changing Windows versions as fast as they can
some updates for a fix to a windows update might take longer than others but do get updated.
We have million of members taking advantage of the Object Desktop app , me included.
It's a Great package on " Sale " today https://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/download