Here's just some feedback from the August update, from the text and video interchangably (and incoherently, probably).
* Loved the video. I felt there was a missing opportunity when you teased that you could have the captain lipsyncing your words but weren't doing it at that exact moment you were talking about it
* Supermelee is looking great, and is obviously a lot further along than the current camper build, I'm looking forward to trying the new build
* Can we please have a starfield in the background. The swirly purplish nebula is nice, but it's a little too uniform really, having a shifting starfield would really improve the look, IMO
* I do love that ships don't warp in pointing at each other anymore
* It looks like the vindicator itself takes up one of the vindicator's ship slots? I mean, that makes sense, but it looks weird having the big picture of the vindicator and then the 10 slots around it being "its fleet" and having the ship take up one of those slots. I would rather there were only 9 slots visible than having it look like the Vin has a smaller version of itself docked (nit-picking, I know)
* The human ship's nukes still look too good at tracking. Vol and I were chatting about decreasing turn rate as a balance form, I will try that in the new build
* Really looking forward to trying out the ship builder. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Brad did NOT design the look of the current ships in game, given his new ship in the doc
* The landing-on-a-planet-through-green-rings still looks awkward AF and essentially without any purpose (I missed, I get shunted to the side a little, oh noes!). Is there really not any way of just dumping it at this point?
Ironically, although this update came with an awesome video, there doesn't seem as much to talk about as there has been for previous months. The race's information is all stuff we've seen before, interesting but we've picked over all that ages ago.
It really does look like the game is coming along clappers. Looking forward to more!