Mission: Drengi (Campaign - Final Mission)
Game Time: 247:31
Over the last 30 minutes the game has gotten progressively slower, now almost unplayable. I've tried dropping the graphic setting, to the 'low' preset, but it makes no difference. Looking at task manager, the CPU is at 100% utilization, which I believe is the cause. There is a constant large scale battle in the middle of the map, which I believe is contributing to the CPU utilization. I have not had this problem in any other map, so this is the first time.
- Load back to an old save game, and work my way up
- Update graphics drivers
- Play DirectX 11 version
- Reduce graphics settings
In all 4 cases, the same thing happens.
My system specs:
- CPU - Intel Skylake i5 6500 (Quad Core @ 3.2 Ghz)
- RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16 GB (2x8GB)
- Motherboard - Gigabyte Z170 X Gaming 7
- GPU - AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
Any assistance to make this playable would help. Thanks.