Lots of cool stuff going on around here.
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.6 is due out in April and there will be a new DLC released shortly after that. It involves spouses. That’s all I’ll say.
Legendary Heroes 2.0
Also, as some of you may have heard, Legendary Heroes 2.0 has been approved and budgeted. This will be a free update of some significance. I don’t have a due date for it yet but it does have some interesting changes in it including ZOC for monster lairs and possibly some changes with regards to the way champion inventory is handled.
Other things on our “want” list for Legendary Heroes 2.0 include:
- Updated diplomacy options to help build longer term relations
- More performance boosts (we’re working on redoing the way trees are handled)
- Some tweaks to the way magic is done
- More effective alliance handling (this is something we really want to see)
- Some changes to the way the Spell of Making is handled
That’s just a bit of it.
Obviously, this all boils down to having enough revenue to pay for it. The numbers for LH are quite promising. In January, about half of LH’s revenue came from the DLC. So that’s a good sign.
Like I mentioned, we have new DLC coming out next month. It’s already in QA. Kael has gone pretty crazy with it. Anyone from the Civ IV world knows the crazy stuff Kael can do so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised. But it’s pretty neat.
But AFTER that one I have two questions I’d like to get your views on:
1. How OFTEN do you want to see new DLC? (Monthly, Quarterly, Every couple months, etc.)
2. What would you like to see our NEXT DLC be?
a. Stamps pack (for more random map generation interest)
b. More tactical battles maps
c. More magical spells
d. New factions
e. More loot
f. More quests
g. Something else (if it involves writing c++ code, it’s not DLC so has to be content that is downloadable).
Other sneak peeks…