Let’s look at 3 web stats that tell us a little bit about the demographics of who visits us.
First, we’ll use our homepage: Stardock.com.
Then, we’ll look at our most popular game, SinsOfASolarEmpire.com
And lastly, we’ll look at our most popular desktop utility, Fences.
These stats are for the month of April, 2012.
Who visit Stardock.com?
- By Browser: Firefox (34%), Chrome (32%), Internet Explorer (24%)
- By OS: Windows 7 (58%), XP (34%), Vista (6%)
- Top Resolution: 1366 x 768 (20%)
Who asks for support?
- By Browser: Internet Explorer (33%) , Firefox (32%), Chrome (30%)
- By OS: Windows 7 (73%), XP (17%), Vista (6%)
- Top Resolution: 1920x1080 (20%)
Who visits Sins of a Solar Empire?
- By Browser: Firefox (40%), Chrome (30%), IE (22%)
- By OS: Windows 7 (72%), XP (16%), Vista (13%)
- Top Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (21%)
Who visits Fences?
- By Browser: Chrome (34%), Firefox (31%), IE (29%)
- By OS: Windows 7 (64%), XP (29%), Vista (5%)
- Top Screen Resolution: 1366x768 (18%)
So what can we take from this?
Stardock.com gets the lion’s share of traffic (90%). Fences gets about 2X the traffic of Sins of a Solar Empire. And support gets a relatively small number of visitors (though bear in mind, we’re still talking about millions of visitors a month in each so it’s all statistically interesting still).
What I find interesting is that when it comes time to ask for support, it’s Internet Explorer users at the top. It’s the only unusual bump IE gets in visitors (it’s last in every other category).