How Do You Add a new Docklet?

By on November 18, 2005 6:39:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rocky48

Join Date 11/2005
I have downloaded a docklet and extracted the files from the zip file, put them in the relevent directory in the Program File folder, but I can't see the new Docklet in the configuration box Docklets tab.

It says it needs SysStats, for which there are 2 folders, one under docklets and the other under Objectdock, they bothe contain Configs and Imeages folders, with the relevent files for the new Docklet in each folder.

What am I doing wrong?
3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 18, 2005 7:32:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rocky,

Please leave links to the docklet and SysStats file you are referring to.

As I recall, some docklets that need SysStats are loaded via the SysStats context menu - instead of directly from the Add > Docklets option, you would use Add > SysStats > Load or Configure.

Someone may be able to help if you leave a link so that the files can be downloaded and looked at.

Normally, the docklet's folder is placed in the "C:\Program Files\ObjectDock\Docklets" folder (unless there are instructions indicating otherwise in a read-me file, or in the "Details" listed at download page).

SysStats folder is normally placed in the Docklets folder, with perhaps an additional ".dll" file that is placed in the C:\Program Files\ObjectDock" folder.

November 18, 2005 7:50:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Note - you may want to try moving both current SysStat folders to a temporary folder > download this version http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SID=1&SkinID=4271&LibID=29 > extract (or manually place extracted folder) to the "C:\Program Files\ObjectDock\Docklets" folder.
November 18, 2005 7:51:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Sorry, ignore link in comment #2, this is the link I was referring to http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SID=1&SkinID=4272&LibID=29 
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: