Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy in development
New Add-on brings new features, options to popular strategy game
For Immediate Release:
LIVONIA, MI (November 19, 2003) – Independent game studio, Stardock Entertainment, announced the first premium expansion pack for its popular space-based strategy game Galactic Civilizations today. The new add-on, called Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy introduces a host of new features to the award-winning game and delivers 3 new companion programs to allow players to extend their gaming experience. The expansion pack will be released this February.
Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy provides these additions:
• Two new major alien civilizations
• A Map editor that allows players to design their own custom maps. Previously Galactic Civilizations used
randomly generated maps each game. Now players will be able to load maps and create their own.
• A scenario editor that enables players to create specific game environments. For example, players can create scenarios that begin the game with players on teams. Previously, Galactic Civilizations only supported “free for all” starts. The scenario editor also allows players to tweak the various game rules and settings, triggers to generate custom winning conditions, and much more.
• A Campaign editor allows users to create a set of games that are linked together to tell a story. The “Altarian Prophecy” is the included campaign that takes players deep into the Galactic Civilizations mythos to give the back story about the alien civilization, Altarian Republic.
• Dozens of new technologies will be added to the game as well including ones that will deal with a new civilization ability called “Logistics”. New random events, new star ships, new galactic wonders, and more will also be included.
All in all, the expansion pack will include hundreds of new features and improvements that will enable players to extend their game playing enjoyment of Galactic Civilizations.
Galactic Civilizations was released in March 2003 and has won several Editor’s Choice Awards including ones from Computer Gaming World and Computer Games Magazine. It has been recommended as a top turn based strategy by PC Gamer, Gamespot, Gamespy, Games Domain, amongst others.
Galactic Civilizations is available at most retail outlets and is also available directly from GalCiv.com for $39.95.
The expansion pack, Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy, will be released in February 2004 for $19.95.
Players can pre-order it now at Link
Screenshots and more information can be found at Link
Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy will also be included as part of Stardock''s Drengin.net suite of games Link
# # #
Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy
Developed by Stardock Entertainment
Price: $19.95. Release Date: 2/2004
Home Page: Link
Pre-order at: Link