How do you install downloaded docks?

By on July 22, 2007 9:15:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

spirit_pres...

Join Date 07/2007
I just downloaded a lot of docks that I like, but I am unable to use them as my dock. How do I make them my dock?
9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 22, 2007 9:33:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Doubleclick the file? Should be dockname.dockzip

It will install itself into your Objectdock Library. You then will change dock entry properties for each dock item to use the new dock icon of your choice.
July 22, 2007 9:38:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Yeah I didn't save any of the files as .dockzip so I gotta change em all to the right file type. Thanks though
July 22, 2007 9:46:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If they are .zip files...unzip them and put them in C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Dock\Backgrounds...then they will show in your "Appearance" backgrounds list.
July 23, 2007 9:31:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Here is an article on how to change the backgrounds in ObjectDock.

http://islanddog.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=139232

July 23, 2007 9:52:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
if you change the .zip file extension to .dockzip you should be able to doubleclick it. that approach works with other stardock file types too (especially when dealing with some DX files). the only noted exceptions i have found are some logonxp files and of course iconpackager files.

Boss0190's approach is the failsafe of course. you can trust him he knows what he's doin.
September 5, 2009 10:25:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting jaidaksghost,
if you change the .zip file extension to .dockzip you should be able to doubleclick it. that approach works with other stardock file types too (especially when dealing with some DX files). the only noted exceptions i have found are some logonxp files and of course iconpackager files.

Boss0190's approach is the failsafe of course. you can trust him he knows what he's doin.

I have tried that. OD crashes everytime I try.

September 5, 2009 11:25:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

sometimes a .zip is a .zip and shouldn't be changed

Quoting boss0190,
If they are .zip files...unzip them and put them in C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Dock\Backgrounds...then they will show in your "Appearance" backgrounds list.

June 14, 2012 2:54:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am having trouble getting the stardock to put the one i picked on my laptop I have windows 7 Home Premium and it is not working tell me what am I doing wrong I need directions please

June 14, 2012 3:18:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting djsquirt,
I am having trouble getting the stardock to put the one i picked on my laptop I have windows 7 Home Premium and it is not working tell me what am I doing wrong I need directions please

Are you using the free version of ObjectDock and which one did you pick?

A link to the one you picked would be helpful.

Also, the last comment before yours was 3 years ago. You should start your own post as ObjectDock has changed since then.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: