XP/Luna-like skins? (request?)

By on December 2, 2006 11:43:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

dsock

Join Date 09/2006
Hello, I'm new to the WinCustomize community. I'm looking for a fully functional Luna-like skin (similar to .Zer0.'s XP Format). One that I can use at work, that my boss might not notice when he comes to my desk.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a skin like that, if there is one?

Or, if there isn't one, would someone be willing to make one? I'd like it to use the same colors as the Luna skin, but everything else can be different.

Thanks for your help.

-Dave

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 3, 2006 12:59:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Here you go! XP Luna
December 3, 2006 1:19:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Lol. I suppose that did match what I was looking for, unfortunately I think my boss will notice that skin.

That is a cool skin, though. I've never seen that one before. Thank you for that link KiloKrash.
December 3, 2006 2:06:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If you like that one, check out I.R.'s other skins. Most are too bug for me to use everyday . . but they are worth having on the system to apply when company comes.
December 3, 2006 2:20:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If your using WindowBlinds then just use Windows XP Style in the Skins tab.
December 3, 2006 3:25:17 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
It's probably not a good idea to do something your boss does not want. After all, it's his PC, and your job.

Why not simply ask him if you can skin your desktop? Who knows, he may like it and decide to skin all his PCs.
December 3, 2006 1:58:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
so you want to download windowblinds for a skin that looks exactly like luna? *confused* well if you want skins that are SIMILAR to luna, not exactly like it, than i recommend these skins:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9875620/?qo=4&q=royale&qh=in%3Acustomization%2Fskins%2Fwindows%2Fwindowblindsxp+sort%3Atime
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21604137/?qo=2&q=royale&qh=in%3Acustomization%2Fskins%2Fwindows%2Fwindowblindsxp+sort%3Atime
December 3, 2006 3:47:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
My boss has not said one way or the other. I'm a work study student at college, and my boss is the dean of the college. I'm the dean's assistant.

Him and I get along quite well. And I'm sure, actually, he might get into skinning if I were to show him some of these skins.

But, I've got fellow students, fellow employees, and my boss walking by my desk all day, and I don't like drawing too much attention to myself.

So maybe I'm just better off not skinning my work PC.

Thanks, Threi. That second link was exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone else for your input also.
December 3, 2006 3:56:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
Thanks to everyone else for your input also.

Your welcome
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: